EEPU AD 2.20 LOCAL AERODROME REGULATIONS
1 Airport regulations
Information concerning local air traffic at Pärnu Airport is given in AIP part AD 2 EEPU and is available at the AFIS unit.
When a local regulation is of importance for the safe operation of aircraft on the apron, the information will be given to each aircraft by the AFIS unit.
During AFIS unit OPR HR arriving aircraft will be given necessary taxi instructions for clearing the runway and choosing a stand by the AFIS unit.
During AFIS unit OPR HR departing aircraft will be given necessary taxi instructions for line up and choosing a runway in use by the AFIS unit.
Outside AFIS unit OPR HR aircraft pilots are responsible for choosing the taxi routes, stand and runway in use, reporting appropriately on frequency 135,300 MHz to inform other aircraft in airspace or on movement area about their intentions.
There are two parking areas - stands 1-10 are for parking A-category general aviation aircraft, stands 21-22 are for up to B-category commercial air transport aircraft carrying passenger, their luggage, mail and/or goods.
During AFIS unit OPR HR arriving aircraft will be assigned a stand by the AFIS unit. Outside AFIS unit OPR HR arriving aircraft will choose a stand itself.
4 Helicopter traffic
Helicopters with MTOW up to 1000 kg may directly land on and depart from apron.
Helicopters with MTOW 1000 kg and more shall land on and depart from runway.
There is no special parking area for helicopters, helicopters are parked on general aviation stands.
5 School and training flights, technical test flights, microlight aircraft
5.1 School and training flights
Traffic circuits for school and training flights should be conducted west from the aerodrome is possible, to avoid flying over the town of Pärnu.
5.2 Technical test flights
Technical test flights are not allowed to be conducted over the town of Pärnu or over other congested areas within Pärnu FIZ.
5.3 Microlight aircraft
6 Aircraft with no radio
If an aircraft is equipped for maintaining two-way radio communication, the equipment shall be switched on and the pilot of the aircraft shall be on listening watch on AFIS unit frequency 135,300 MHz also in Pärnu FIZ and on the manoeuvring area.
If no radio communication equipment is intended or installed by the manufacturer of the aircraft, the pilot of this aircraft shall report the information about the intended flight by phone to AFIS unit during its OPR HR. Information about this flight shall include, among other subjects, the following:
- type of aircraft;
- number of aircraft (if it is a group flight);
- departure aerodrome (if absent, location as accurately as possible);
- destination aerodrome (if absent, location as accurately as possible);
- route and planned flight altitude;
- estimated flight time;
- reporting time of completion of flight or part thereof conducted in Pärnu FIZ and contact information.
7 Removal of disabled aircraft from runway or strip
When an aircraft is wrecked on runway, it is the duty of the owner or user of such aircraft to have it removed as soon as possible after getting permission from Estonian CAA. The aircraft may be removed by the aerodrome authority at the owner's or user's expense.
EEPU AD 2.21 NOISE ABATEMENT PROCEDURES
Due to low traffic density no noise abatement procedures are established.
EEPU AD 2.22 FLIGHT PROCEDURES
Flights within Pärnu FIZ shall be in accordance with the Visual Flight Rules or Instrumental Flight Rules.
2 Procedures for IFR flights within Pärnu FIZ
There are no radio navigation aids at Pärnu aerodrome and no IFR approach procedures are established.
3 Radar procedures within Pärnu FIZ
4 Procedures for VFR flights within Pärnu FIZ
- Two-way radio communication shall be maintained on the frequency of Pärnu AFIS;
- Flight plan (FPL) shall be submitted for the flight. Flight which departure and destination aerodrome is Pärnu (EEPU) and which does not exit Pärnu FIZ, may file the flight plan by radio;
- before starting the take-off run the departure turn direction shall be reported;
- aircraft in the air shall report about its intentions no later than on base leg;
- AFIS unit shall be reported prior to changes in flight altitude or route;
- if the traffic situation requires or the active runway is blocked, the aircraft conducting VFR flight may be suggested to proceed to visual holding area;
- crossing Pärnu FIZ boundary while entering or leaving the Pärnu FIZ shall be reported to the AFIS unit;
5 VFR routes within Pärnu FIZ
6 Low visibility procedures